Monday, December 15, 2008

Here comes Christmas!!!!!





























It's Christmas time!!!!! The girls have been havin a blast gettn ready for Santa, Lily was very into decorating the tree, where each ornament went and how many lights had to be on the tree. Was too cute to watch her, and she was so proud when we were all done. This year I had one of Lily's friends over to decorate sugar cookies. A favorite tradition of mine growing up. Lily and Anna helped roll out and cut the cookies the night before. Lily and her friend Cayleigh decorated the cookies the next day, while Anna slept. No way I could do that with Anna up, she'd want to lick all the frosting and eat all the cookies!!!!
Also some random recent photos of Lily and Anna with their Godmommy Katrina and their Grammy during her visit here for Thanksgiving. Lily and Anna are growing up so fast. It's hard not being with them every day, but overall, I think the girls and I are doing great and adjusting to our new life and new traditions.
This Christmas will be very hard for me due to the girls being with Ken on Christmas Eve. Can not even imagine not having them here waking up Christmas morning so eager to see what Santa has left. Lily's Gaga cheared me up a little with giving me "the Elf on the Shelf". Lily's aunt Mimi bought the last one at the "Buttercup" and passed it down to me. If you dont know what it is....a small red little elf that appears in your home during the holidays. He magically disappears every night to report to Santa how the children's behavior has been and if they have been "naughty or nice"....he then magically appears again some place different the next day... Anyway, Lily is so into this and has named the elf Nick. I love this age and how they truly believe in all the magic of Christmas. Every morning she is here with me she runs around trying to find Nick and where he landed when he "flew" back from the North Pole. A great family tradition and one you can get I think through Amazon (The Elf on the Shelf).
.....and the wonder of it all







No comments: